Fox’s Marina is a small independently run marina on the River Orwell, situated just outside Ipswich in Suffolk providing great value berthing and storage for yachts and motor boats.
The marina is accessible from the sea at all states of tide with no lock gates and is excellently located for access by road (A12 and A14) and rail (Ipswich station less than two miles).
We have a long serving friendly team who give a personal service to our customers. Being part of a large working boatyard means that we have extensive and skilled boat handling capability.
Our Marina is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty and with the largest Marine and Country Store on the East Coast Fox’s is well worth a visit.
Berthing & Storage
|Berthing||Marina per metre/per annum – 1st January – 31st December||£284.52|
|Visitor per metre/per day||£2.20|
|Storage||Ashore storage* incl. cradle – per metre/per month||£16.23|
|Winter Afloat/Winter Storage*||on request|
*For vessels in lower meadow includes rig in/out and rig check
|Boat Hoist||haul/launch or load/unload – per metre/per movement||£19.90|
|short haul, lift and hold in slings for 1 hour and launch – per metre||£24.90|
|Pressure Wash||with fresh water when hauling – per metre||£6.75|
|heavily fouled – per metre.(All vessels hauled for storage or boatyard services will be pressure washed)||£10.12|
|Telehandler Forklift||with driver and banksman, if required (charged per hour, minimum 1 hour)||on request|
|Boat Movements||towing within the marina||No charge|
|Collection/Delivery of Vessel||under own power within 4 miles||£150.00|
|under tow within 4 miles||£225.00|
|Site access for 3rd party contractors||Hourly rate||£15.00|
|Electricity||Refundable deposit for hire of meter maid. (Units charged at prevailing rates as displayed in Harbourmaster’s office)||£150.00|
|Disposal of foreign gas cylinders||£60.00|
- 1 metre is equal to 3.28 feet
- All prices shown are exclusive of VAT.
- All vessels are accepted onto the Company’s premises subject to the owner’s agreement to our standard berthing licence and terms of business (available on request).
- Charges will be based on total length of vessel including all overhangs, rounded up to the nearest metre.
- Vessels may be stored in the lower meadow.
- Yachts may be re-rigged at the Company’s discretion.
- Multihulls chargeable at 1.5m times mono hull rates.
- All accounts must be settled in full before the vessel departs.
Fox’s Marina facilities include:
- 100 pontoon berths for yachts and motor boats up to 3m draft and 25m length
- accessible at all states of tide with no lock gates
- ashore storage capacity for 300 vessels
- purpose built mast and spar racks for secure storage
- good security with CCTV and out of hours access through barrier gates
- diesel, showers, toilets, electricity, water
- free wifi access
- 70 tonne hoist and 50 tonne hoist with skilled boat handlers